Monday, June 15, 2009

This picture was taken from the world's LONGEST tram in Albuquerque, NM.
It takes 15 minutes to climb several thousand feet. Stuart faced his fear of heights well I must say!

ROCKY MOUNTAIN TOUR 2009
Albuquerque rocks the house, and we find our MOUNTAIN HIGH!!!!

What an amazing first stop on our 4th annual Rocky Mountain Tour. We had a FULL OUT BLAST at Solid Grounds Coffeehouse. It was a full house, and we laughed together, cheered together, and there are some GREAT dancers in New Mexico. Thank you to all our old friends and new friends for coming out to make it a high energy show! A special thank you goes out to Rosalie who did a great job hosting and running the sound board!

Yesterday we woke up at 3 a.m. and headed to Estes Park, CO. This morning we are surrounded by mountains and about to hike up into the snow. This tour is as much for the spirit and inspiration as the performance. We are writing daily, revisiting some unfinished songs, and writing new ones as well.

We are performing at the Hemple Auditorium on Friday here in Estes, and I can't wait! Back in college I worked out here and it was a much needed brake from the pressures of Music School. I would sneak into Hemple Auditorium at night and play the beautiful grand piano and write and sing my heart out at a time when writing music wasn't apart of my school year's "curriculum". It is a surreal feeling to come back to a place where I first started finding my voice and perform some of the very songs I started on those late evenings alone in the dark on that stage.

The YMCA or the Rockies is a place I feel closest to my muse and most centered. Being surrounded by the beautiful wild life, the crisp mountain air and the majestic peaks just invigorates me. I truly feel like my God can speak to me here! While I don't consider myself a "religious person" I do feel a spirit out here that does have the power to guide us to our best selves. This is a place that I come that I just can't help but be compelled to try and listen.

We have found our ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH!

3 comments:

Christina Fajardo said...

Geeze, wish I would have known you were going to be in Alb. I have cousins there that would have loved to have seen you play!

Heather said...

I'm so sad I missed you at Solid Grounds. Always enjoy your music!

Carla said...

If you don't start working on a cover of Rocky Mountain High you're crazy!
Miss you and have a great trip!