Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hold up!!!!

Pack the bags, unpack the bags, do the laundry, feed the dogs, practice, pack the car, unpack the bags, and pack again.....AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! HOLD UP!!!

So, we've been on and off the road for quick trips the past 8 weeks, and are about to head out for a full 2 month tour, and while I can't wait...man, is the preparation a bllllleeeeeaaaahhhch!

It is times like this when I don't know what I would do without my partner in crime.  I can get overwhelmed looking around our house that seems to have had an explosion of laundry...not all of it is clean either!  From dishes, to the dogs, to the step kids...all 3 things I love having... sometimes I just feel overwhelmed balancing them all as we prepare to hit the road!

Whether it is a simple comment like "honey, why don't you take a quick break" to having a hot cup of tea ready for me when I wander first wander out of bed, I sure feel lucky having such a wonderful life partner.  We are going on 7 years of this crazy thing we call marriage, music and business together. Man, it's been a wild ride!

I have a feeling most musicians say that hitting the road isn't the hard part, it's getting all the work done so you ride the black top that is the tough part!

So as I sit on my couch in limbo, looking at the to do list that seems to get longer by the minute...I think I will take a quick break, have some tea, and keep my eye focused on the prize.

What is the prize I am working so hard for today? 
A hot cup of coffee on the dash, a sky painted dark purple as the first hint of dawn cracks through the dark blue horizon, our guitars in the back seat, and the low hum of the tires on the pavement as we head west.  

So right now my "to do" is to HOLD UP!!! 
Cause soon things will be moving along so fast, I will just be trying to hold on and enjoy the ride!






No comments: