Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Forgiveness, Faith & Gasoline

Forgiveness, Faith & Gasoline

We are about to release our latest project...and I can't wait for these songs to have wings!

When people ask where my songs come from, my answer is always, my heart.  When people ask me if it bother's me if other people have a different interpretation or take on a song I've written then I do...and I say NO WAY!
I feel like when I am writing a song, there is a tender process where sounds, lyrics and soul first come together in my own secret & intimate experience. Once I get a chance to share that song out loud with the audience, I feel like that song takes on a whole new life and it's meaning belongs to whoever's ears it falls on.

This little 6 song album has 2 new Flyin' A's tunes on it that I can't wait to send out to the universe. They have been tumbling around in this head and heart of mine for way too long.
They are a combination of blood, sweat, growth and tears.
It's weird, but it feels like I've been carrying those experience silently for a long time, and the chance to send them out to the universe feels so cleansing.

In life we meet people that inspire us, and then there are those that challenge us to find a new direction. One thing I am starting to realize is that even the WORST relationship's effects can be good in the end, and I think it's time I finally found forgiveness for those who seem to have left the deepest scars.  After all, it's the tough times that makes us appreciate the wonderful ones right?

So with this EP,  Faith & Gasoline, I think I am going to throw a little forgiveness out into the world with it too.  
After all, we all walk this earth for a limited time...why not try and carry a lighter load?


1 comment:

Christina Fajardo said...

I feel so honored to have helped you create the CD art on this project and isn't it wonderful that we have been learning the same lessons in different situations. Yes, we meet people that inspire us. My new word for 2012 was inspire.... not knowing that I was going to go though some very dark times to become inspired. The very worst of relationships have taught me forgiveness and I hope to see the goodness in the end as well.I can't wait to actually hear the CD we have been working on!